Requirements (Industry 8)
February 18, 2016
Review the minimum hardware requirements to run Windows Embedded 8 Industry (Industry 8).
You can install and run Windows Embedded 8 Industry (Industry 8) on devices that meet or exceed the following hardware requirements.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*
- 1 GB of system memory (x86) (2 GB recommended for x64)
- 16 GB of free space on the hard disk (HDD) or flash-based Solid State Drive (SSD) (20 GB recommended for x64)
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- At least one of the following bootable media types:
- Bootable DVD-ROM drive
- Bootable USB 2.0 port and a USB Flash Drive (UFD) with 5 GB of free space (7 GB for x64) or access to a local network
- BIOS that supports Windows Preinstallation Environment 4.0 (Windows PE 4.0)
- Additional requirements to use certain features:
- A tablet or monitor that supports multi-touch to use touch features
- A screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 to run Windows 8 apps
- A screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768 to snap Windows 8 apps
*Prior versions of Windows Embedded, including Windows Embedded 7, 8 and 8.1 products, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm. For more information, please see the Support Lifecycle FAQ.