These technical articles will teach you more about aspects of Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry (Industry 8.1).
- Update Windows Embedded 8.1 settings after deployment
Helps you use System Center Configuration Manager to manage settings on a device running Industry 8.1.
- Update Windows Embedded 8.1 devices that are protected by UWF
Helps you to update Industry 8.1 settings on devices that are protected with Unified Write Filter (UWF).
- Customize a Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry image before deployment
Helps you to customize your Industry 8.1 image with lockdown features before you deploy it to your devices.
- Lockdown settings removed through Sysprep in Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry
Helps you understand lockdown settings that are removed during the Sysprep process in Industry 8.1 so that you can set them again after deployment
Use assigned access to lock down a Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry device
Helps you use assigned access to set up a single function device, restricting a user account to access a single Windows Store app:
- Understand how assigned access interacts with other features and settings.
- Configure assigned access.
- Turn off assigned access.
- Get the current configuration for assigned access.
Volume activation guide for Windows Embedded 8 and Windows Embedded 8.1
Describes the volume activation options available for Windows Embedded 8 and Windows Embedded 8.1 devices including:
- Active Directory-Based Activation
- Key Management Services (KMS) Activation
- Multiple Activation Key (MAK) Activation
- Best practices for selecting an app for assigned access
Provides guidance around selecting an appropriate app for assigned access.