Storage (Compact 2013)
Windows Embedded Compact provides the following data storage functionality:
- File system drivers for systems, such as FAT file system, exFAT file system, the RAM (object store) file system, and compact disk file system (CDFS) or universal disc file system (UDFS).
- Support for installing a custom file system.
- Support for installing or creating file system filters for applications such as security and encryption.
- System registry for storing data about applications, drivers, user preferences, and other configuration settings.
For more information about functionality that helps preserve security of stored data, see Security for Windows Embedded Compact.
In This Section
- Bootpart Reference
Describes Bootpart library programming elements.
Describes support for storage, access, and sorting of property-set records.
- Disk Cache Manager Reference
Describes functions for managing disk caching.
- File Systems
Describes the files systems supported by Windows Embedded Compact.
- File I/O Reference
Describes file I/O programming elements.
- File Mapping Reference
Describes file mapping programming elements.
- File System Driver Manager Error Handler Support
Supports the use of a generic error handler plug-in that can catch a failed disk I/O related operation and return an error value that can be acted upon.
- FSD Reference
Describes file system driver (FSD) and File System Disk Manager (FSDMGR) programming elements.
- Object Store
Describes the object store, which provides persistent storage for applications and application data after a device is powered off.
Describes the Windows Embedded Compact registry, which stores data about applications, drivers, user preferences, and other configuration settings.
- Storage Management
Describes storage management, which handles external storage such as all file systems and block drivers.
- User Management Reference
Describes file systems programming elements for user management.