Dial-up Networking Reference (Compact 2013)
With dial-up networking in a device you can access network resources from a remote location. The dial-up networking functionality in Windows Embedded Compact-based devices is implemented using Remote Access Service (RAS) and the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP). After you establish a connection between a device and a remote computer, you can upload and download files.
To add this feature to your OS, see Dial-up Catalog Items and Sysgen Variables.
Sample application code is available at %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\oak\drivers\netsamp
The code includes the following items:
- AUTORAS\DLL Provides AutoDial functionality to dialer applications.
- AUTORAS\TEST Test application for RAS AutoDial.
- RASDIAL Sample RAS dialing program.
- RASENTRY Sample application that is used to make RAS telephone book entries.
- RNAAPP Sample application that displays status information while a dial-up or virtual private network (VPN) connection is being established.
Source code for this feature is available at <%_WINCEROOT%\private\winceos\comm\tapi\unimodem>