Windows Imaging Component (Compact 2013)
The Windows Imaging Component (WIC) provides a Component Object Model (COM)-based API for use in C and C++. You can use the WIC API to add a variety of image-related functionality to your OS, including:
- Built-in codecs for the standard web image formats
- Built-in support for standard metadata formats
- Wide range of pixel format support
- High-color support, including 30-bit extended range, 30-bit high precision, and 48-bit high precision and wide gamut pixel formats
- Extensible framework for image codecs, pixel formats, and metadata formats
To add this feature to your OS, see WIC Catalog Items and Sysgen Variables.
For reference information, see Windows Imaging Component Overview on MSDN.
Sample application code is available on MSDN.