Installing Device Imaging Service
This section provides instructions for using the Device Manager 2011 Setup Wizard to install the Device Imaging service component on a central or primary site server. Server Core Components are also installed on the computer where Device Imaging service is installed.
To install Device Imaging service on a site server
Close the Configuration Manager console.
Double-click the appropriate executable file name for the language that you want to install. For more information about installer and upgrade installer file names, see the table in Wizard-based Installation.
On the Welcome to Windows Embedded Device Manager 2011 page, click Next.
On the End-User License Agreement page, review the license agreement. If you agree to the terms, click I accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.
On the Custom Setup page, do the following, and then click Next:
- Click Console Add-in, and then click Entire feature will be unavailable.
- (Optional) Click Browse and change the installation location.
On the Pre-requisites page, click Next to confirm that you are installing Device Imaging Service.
(Optional) To turn off device collections, on the Automatically create collections for Windows Embedded devices page, clear the Automatically create collections for Windows Embedded devices box, and then click Next.
On the ConfigMgr Credentials page, enter the following information, and then click Next:
- Site Server Name: Enter the name of the Configuration Manager site server. This is typically populated by default.
- ConfigMgr Admin Username: Enter the name of a user account that is a member of the Configuration Manager Administrator group. The user account that is used for installation must have access to the log on as a service command.
- Password: Enter the password for the Configuration Manager administrator.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the password that you typed into the Password field.
- Domain: Enter the name of the network domain for the Configuration Manager administrator.
On the Summary page, review the summary of the installation that you are about to perform, and then click Next.
On the Ready to Install page, click Install.