Collections and Inventory
With Device Manager 2011, devices running Windows Embedded operating systems can be discovered and managed by using Configuration Manager. The collections created by Device Manager 2011 include both predefined and dynamic collections, which are collectively referred to in this document as device collections. This section provides information about the following tasks that are made possible with device collections:
- Populating new device collections to work with multiple devices at the same time
- Turning on device collections manually if you turned them off during installation
- Turning off device collections after installation
- Viewing existing and new information about device inventory attributes
All tasks are very similar to the inventory and reporting management you have used in the past with Configuration Manager console and traditional client computers. Device Manager 2011 lets you use the inventory data gathered from thin client, POS, kiosk, and digital signage devices to include them in device collections.
In This Section
- Device Collections
Information about device collections.
- Updating Collection Membership
Information about how to manually update collection membership.
- Turning On Device Collections
Information about how to manually turn on device collections if they were turned off during installation.
- Turning Off Device Collections
Information about how to turn off device collections.
- Creating Device Collections
Information about how to manually create device collections.
- Device Inventory
Information about device inventory.
- Collections and Inventory in Multiple Site Server Hierarchies
Information about collections and inventory in multiple site server hierarchies.