Tips for Improving Device Security
The following are some tips to help keep your devices safe from viruses and malware:
- Stay informed about new security threats and solutions through the Security TechCenter on TechNet.
- When you create advertisements for Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 tasks, use the recommended settings for high-security environments. For a list of the recommended settings for different environments, see FEP 2010 Policy – Default Settings on TechNet.
- When you create advertisements with write filter handling for other applications, add Endpoint Protection tasks. For example, add a full system scan to an advertisement that updates a third-party application.
- Use Enhanced Write Filters to protect the whole hard drive volume. For an overview of Enhanced Write Filters and File-Based Write Filters in Windows Thin PC, Windows Embedded Standard 7, and Windows Embedded POSReady 7, see Write Filters on MSDN.
- Use AppLocker to further improve the security of your devices. For an introduction to how AppLocker works with Windows Embedded Standard 7, see Application Lockdown with AppLocker on Standard 7 and Using AppLocker in Standard 7 on MSDN. For complete AppLocker documentation, see Applocker on TechNet.