Deleting the Application's Performance Key (Windows CE 5.0)
The Performance subkey created when the performance DLL was installed can be deleted by using the Regedt32.exe utility or by calling RegDeleteKey.
You must run the unlodctr utility to remove the counter names and descriptions from the registry before deleting the performance key.
For more information about removing counter names and descriptions, see Removal of Counter Names and Descriptions from the Registry.
To delete the performance key with Regedt32.exe
- Choose Start, and then choose Run.
- In the Open box, type regedt32, and then choose OK.
- In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE window, select SYSTEM and then select CurrentControlSet.
- Select Services.
- Select the registry subkey with the name corresponding to the service associated with the name of the application that supports the counters that you want to delete.
- Select the Performance subkey of this subkey.
- From the Edit menu, choose Delete.
To delete the performance key with RegDeleteKey
Use the following function call syntax.
RegDeleteKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "<service name of the application>/Performance");
The value <service name of the application> is the registry path to the Services subkey associated with the application.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors