National Language Support (NLS) (Windows CE 5.0)
Microsoft® Windows® CE supports the National Language Support (NLS) feature. NLS enables to support the different locale-specific needs of users around the world. NLS includes support for locale-specific keyboards and fonts. NLS support also enables applications to set the locale for the user. NLS also enables applications to retrieve and display strings representing times, dates, and other information formatted correctly for the specified language and location.
In This Section
- National Language Support (NLS) OS Design Development
Provides information about NLS that is helpful when designing and developing a Windows CE OS. This includes dependency information, the modules and components that implement NLS, and NLS implementation considerations.
- National Language Support (NLS) Application Development
Provides instructions on how to program with Unicode and NLS.
- National Language Support (NLS) Security
Provides security-related information for NLS.
- National Language Support (NLS) Migration
Provides information about factors to consider when migrating to a newer version of Windows CE.
- National Language Support (NLS) Samples
Provides sample-related information for NLS.
- National Language Support (NLS) Reference
Includes reference material for NLS programming elements.
- International Application Development
Provides information on how to program and design a global application.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors