Interoperability with UNIX
This guide can help you determine if a particular section in this chapter contains the information you need to accomplish a specific task.
Review key features of interoperability with UNIX platforms.
Windows 2000 Professional and Services for UNIX 2.0 provide a comprehensive solution for interoperability between Windows 2000 networks and UNIX.
- See Overview of Windows 2000 Professional and UNIX Connectivity in this chapter.
Plan and install Services for UNIX on Windows 2000 Professional.
Determine which Services for UNIX components should be used for your specific networking environment and understand how to install the components for Windows 2000 Professional.
- See Planning and Installing Services for UNIX on Windows 2000 Professional in this chapter.
Configure Services for UNIX on Windows 2000 Professional.
Understand how to configure the Services for UNIX components for Windows 2000 Professional.
- See Configuring Services for UNIX on Windows 2000 Professional in this chapter.
Understand the included UNIX utilities, shell, and commands.
Understand how to use the Korn shell, utilities, and manage your network through Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-ins.
- See Tools in this chapter.
Recover from common UNIX connectivity-related problems.
Follow the troubleshooting guidelines to recover from problems with connectivity.
- See Troubleshooting in this chapter.