Event ID 4622 — COM+ Event System General Functionality
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls. The COM+ Event System service supports system event notification for COM+ components, which provides automatic distribution of events to subscribing COM components. A publisher makes the method call to initiate an event, and a subscriber receives these calls through the event system rather than directly from the publisher. The COM+ Events service maintains the list of interested subscribers who receive the calls and directs those calls without requiring the knowledge of the publisher.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The COM+ Event System could not marshal the subscriber for subscription %2. The HRESULT was: %1.%0|
Report the internal error to Microsoft
The system detected an internal error in the COM+ Service. However, there is not enough information in the event message to provide a definitive recommendation to resolve the problem.
Note the details in the event message, and then report this internal error to Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). For information about how to contact CSS, see Enterprise Support (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52267).
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, you can verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find the following services: COM+ Event System, COM+ System Application, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Confirm that the status of each service is Started.