Event ID 110 — AD CS Performance Counters Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Performance counters make it possible to monitor the use of a certification authority (CA). If performance counters cannot be started, this data will not be available.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Active Directory Certificate Services could not initialize performance counters.|
Initialize AD CS performance counters
Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) needs to initialize performance counters in order to track performance data.
To start peformance counters, you may need to:
- Restart the certification authority (CA).
- Register the performance counters for a CA.
To perform these procedures, you must have Manage CA permission, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
Restart a CA
To restart a CA:
- On the computer hosting the CA, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and click Services.
- Right-click the Active Directory Certificate Services service, and click Restart.
- If performance counters still do not start and the error recurs, try reregistering the performance counters on the CA.
Register performance counters
To register the performance counters for a CA:
- On the computer hosting the CA, click Start, type cmd and press ENTER.
- Type lodctr certsvcctrs.ini and press ENTER.
- Restart the CA using the section Restart a CA.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in local Administrators on the computer hosting the certification authority (CA), or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To confirm that the performance counters are initialized and working:
- On the computer hosting the CA, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and click Reliability and Performance Monitor.
- In the console tree, click Performance Monitor.
- Right-click the chart, click Add Counter, and select any CA performance counter.
- Confirm that you are able to collect CA performance data.