Event ID 1794 — PXE Provider Initial Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
After the Windows Deployment Services server role is installed, you must configure the server by using either the Windows Deployment Services MMC snap-in or the /Initialize-Server command-line option. The PXE provider must be configured properly before it can provide client boot services over the network.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The operation mode of this Windows Deployment Services server is not configured. Please consult the documentation to determine the appropriate steps necessary to initialize the server.|
Initialize the server
To perform this procedure, you must either be a member of the local Administrators group or have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To fix this issue, use the following steps to initialize the server:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Windows Deployment Services.
- In the left pane of the Windows Deployment Services MMC snap-in, right-click the server name and then click Configure Server.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
For more information about installing Windows Deployment Services, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=89222.
To verify that the server is correctly configured:
- Open the Command Prompt window.
- At the command prompt, run wdsutil /get-server /show:config.
- If the output does not contain any errors, the server is correctly configured.