Event ID 109 — Windows Media Center Extender Connectivity
Applies To: Windows Vista
The Windows Media Center Extender connects to the Windows Media Center PC using UDP and TCP protocols.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The shell process exited unexpectedly.|
Restart Windows Media Center and reconnect Windows Media Center Extender
This error occurs when Windows Media Center is abruptly closed on the Extender. You should restart the Windows Media Center PC and reconnect the Windows Media Center Extender.
If this error only occurs when attempting to access particular libraries, there may be content located in the media folders that is causing Windows Media Center to exit. Removing all content from the folders and then adding small amounts back may reveal a corrupt media file.
Using the event log, you can verify that the Windows Media Center Extender connected to the Windows Media Center PC. If the connection is successful, Event ID 113 with the McrMgr event source will be written to the event log.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that Event ID 113 is being written to the event log:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- Expand Application and Services Logs, and then click Media Center.
- Look for an event with a Source named McrMgr and an Event ID of 113.