Event ID 20171 — RRAS IPsec Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
For L2TP-based virtual private networking (VPN) connections, a certificate infrastructure is required to issue computer certificates used to negotiate authentication for Internet Protocol security (IPsec). If a computer certificate required for IPsec is not available, the connection will fail.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Failed to apply IP security on port: %1 because of error: %2. No calls will be accepted to this port.|
Review the remote access service error code
There is not enough information available in the Routing and Remote Access service event message to provide a recommendation for the resolution of the problem. If you continue to get this error, contact Microsoft Product Support Services. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52267.
For more information about remote access service error codes, see article 163111 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91455).
To verify that the remote access server can accept connections, establish a remote access connection from a client computer.
To create a VPN connection:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the Connect to a Workplace wizard.
To connect to a remote access server:
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections.
- Double-click the VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the connection was established successfully.