Event ID 20210 — VPN NAP Enforcement Client Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
A Network Access Protection (NAP) enforcement client is responsible for requesting access to a network, communicating a client computer's health status to the NAP server that is authorizing the network access, and communicating the connection status of the client computer to other components of the NAP client architecture. A NAP-capable client is a computer that has the NAP components installed and can verify its health state by sending a statement of health (SoH) to NPS.
The remote access enforcement client enforces health policies when a client computer attempts to gain access to the network through a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Network Access Protection (NAP) enforcement client failed to register with the Network Access Protection Agent (NAPAgent) service. Some network services or resources might not be available. If the problem persists, disconnect and retry the remote access.|
Configure VPN NAP enforcement client to bind to NAP Agent
The VPN NAP enforcement client failed to bind to the NAP Agent. The following are some possible causes of the problem:
- The NAP Agent might not be aware that the RAS enforcement client is enabled. Check the Windows event log for errors related to NAP Agent.
- The VPN NAP enforcement client did not bind to the NAP Agent successfully.
To verify that the remote access server can accept connections, establish a remote access connection from a client computer.
To create a VPN connection:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the Connect to a Workplace wizard.
To connect to a remote access server:
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections.
- Double-click the VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the connection was established successfully.