Event ID 17005 — Core Functionality
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
In order for BITS to complete content transfers successfully, the BITS service must be running.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The BITS service is configured to run as %1. BITS works correctly only when configured to run as the system account.|
Configure the BITS service to run under the correct account
To resolve this issue, configure the BITS service to run under the LocalSystem user account, and then stop and restart the BITS service
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To configure the BITS service to run under the correct account and then restart the service:
- Open an elevated command prompt. To open an elevated command prompt, click Start, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type: sc config bits obj= LocalSystem, and then press ENTER.
- Confirm that output from the command is [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS.
- Type: sc stop bits, and then press ENTER.
- Type: sc start bits, and then press ENTER.
To confirm that the BITS service is installed and running correctly:
- From an elevated command prompt, type sc query bits
- Confirm that the service is found, and the status is Running.