Event ID 62 — Content Integrity
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
BITS determines whether the content that is served by BITS peer servers has the same properties as content from the origin server.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The BITS job named "%1" belonging to user %2 received inconsistent data while downloading. The URL was "%3". The transfer will continue using a different server. If the problem occurs often, an administrator should scan the peer server for viruses or corruption in its hard drive.|
Restart the BITS service
To resolve this issue, stop and then restart the BITS service.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To stop and restart the BITS service:
- Open an elevated command prompt. To open an elevated command prompt, click Start, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type sc stop bits, and then press ENTER.
- Type sc start bits, and then press ENTER.
To verify BITS service is installed and running correctly:
- From an elevated command prompt, type sc query bits
- Verify that the service is found, and the status is Running.