Event ID 48 — Printer Forms Migration Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Printer forms migration status relates to exporting and importing custom printer forms by using either the Printer Migration Wizard or the Printbrm.exe command-line tool.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Printbrm.exe (the Printer Migration Wizard or the command-line tool) could not restore one or more printer forms from the backup file. This can occur if the forms already exist on the destination computer or if the user does not have permissions to create forms on the destination computer.|
Check permissions and reimport or recreate missing forms
This problem can occur for one of two possible reasons:
- The forms are already present on the computer on which you are importing printers. If this is the case, you can safely disregard this error.
- The user does not have the necessary permissions to create forms on the computer.
If there is a permissions issue, use one of the following procedures to correct the issue and reimport or recreate the missing forms.
Correct permissions and reimport forms
To correct permissions and reimport forms:
- Open either Print Management or a Command Prompt window with a user account that is a member of the Administrators group on the print server on which you want to import forms.
- Reimport printers by using the Printer Migration Wizard or the Printbrm.exe command-line tool.
For more information about exporting and importing print queues and other settings, see the "Migrate print servers" topic in Print Management Help, or see the following Microsoft Web site: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=104870.
Correct permissions and manually recreate forms
To correct permissions and recreate forms on the print server:
- Open Print Management with a user account that is a member of the Administrators group on the print server on which you want to create forms.
- In the Print Management tree, click the server you want to use, right-click Forms, and then click Manage Forms.
- Select the Create a new form check box, type the dimensions of the form, type a name for the form in the Form name box and then click Save Form.
- Repeat step 3 for any other missing forms.
To verify that the requisite printer forms are present:
Open the Print Management snap-in from the Administrative Tools folder on a computer running Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, or Windows Server 2008.
In the Print Management tree, click the server on which you imported forms, and then click Forms.
Confirm that all of the forms you exported from the source print server are listed.
Tip: You can export a list of forms on the server from which you exported the forms, as well as on the server to which you imported the forms. You can then compare the results (the lists) in Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet program. To export a list, right-click Forms and then click Export List.