Event ID 121 — Windows NT Token-Based Application Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Web Agent for Windows NT token-based application configuration contains information about the AD FS Web Agent Authentication Service, creation of Windows NT tokens, and Windows token-based agent authentication requests.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The ADFS Web Agent Authentication Service encountered a serious error. The ADFS configuration information could not be retrieved from the Internet Information Services (IIS) metabase. The metabase could not be opened.
The Web agent will not be able to authenticate users until it can retrieve configuration information from the IIS metabase.
Ensure that IIS is installed and enabled on this server.
Ensure that the IIS Admin Service is started.
Check IIS status
Ensure that Internet Information Services (IIS) is installed and enabled on this server. Ensure that the IIS Admin Service is started.
Verify that you can access the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)-enabled application from a client browser and that the resource can be accessed with the appropriate authorization.
If you cannot access the application successfully, verify that the Windows token-based agent is configured with correct URL values and that all configuration parameters contain valid values.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the Windows token-based agent is configured with correct values:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the console tree, click YourComputerName(local computer).
- In the console tree, double-click Sites, and then click YourWebSiteName.
- In the center pane, double-click Authentication, highlight AD FS Windows Token-Based Agent, and then in the Actions pane click Edit.
- In the AD FS Windows Token-Based Agent dialog box, confirm that the Enable AD FS Web Agent check box is selected.
- Make sure that the following values are valid, and then click OK.
- Cookie path
- Cookie domain
- Return URL