Event ID 1001 — Windows Installer Application Installation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Windows Installer is used to install applications on a computer.
|Product:||Windows Installer - Unicode|
|Message:||Detection of product '%1', feature '%2' failed during request for component '%3'|
Review the system log file
Microsoft Windows Installer encountered an error while installing, updating, or removing an application. For more information about the error, you will need to open Event Viewer and examine the System log file.
To review the system log file for Windows Installer events:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- In the navigation pane, find the System event log.
- In the Actions pane, click Filter current log...
- In the Filter Current Log dialog box, select the Filter tab and then select MsiInstaller from the Event Sources drop-down.
- Review the most recent Windows Installer events to determine the cause of the issue. In addition to the Windows Installer events, you should also review the other system events to determine if a related issue may be the cause of the Windows Installer error.
- If you cannot resolve the issue based on the information in the event log, try reinstalling the application.
Note: If Windows Installer logging is not enabled, no information will be available in Event Viewer. For more information about Windows Installer logging, see https://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300.
You can use Programs and Features to verify an application is installed, uninstall applications, and change the application's configuration by adding or removing options. If the application is not listed, it may not be configured properly or written for a different version of Windows. Reinstalling the application may resolve a configuration problem. To reinstall the application, consult the information that came with the application.
To verify the application is installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Programs and Features.
- Verify the application appears in the list of installed programs.
Note: Only applications that are written for Windows will appear in Programs and Features. If you don't see the application listed and you want to uninstall the application, check the information that came with your software, or go to the manufacturer's website. Most programs install themselves in the C:\Program Files folder. Check this folder because some programs also include an uninstall program that you can use to remove the software.