Event ID 35 — WUA Update Detection
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Windows Update Agent Update Detection is designed to check for updates and install them on a daily basis. Windows Update Agent can be configured to detect and install updates automatically or can be set to detect updates and manually install them.
Windows Update Agent detects updates every day at user configured scheduled time or at 3:00 A.M. by default and installs them if Automatic Updates is turned on.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Windows Update Client Auxiliary component failed to install a self-update with error %1.|
Restart Windows Update Agent
If updates are available but do not automatically download, Windows Update Agent needs to be restarted.
To restart the Windows Update Agent:
- At the elevated command prompt, type the following commands one after the other:
- netstart wuauserv
To check for updates:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt window. Click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Type wuauclt /detectnow, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type eventvwr.msc and press ENTER to open Event Viewer.
- To confirm that updates have been detected look for Event ID 40 in Event Viewer:
- In the left panel of Event Viewer, click Application and Service Logs.
- Expand Microsoft, and then expand Windows.
- Click WindowsUpdateClient, and then click Operational.
- Check to see if Event ID 40 is present in the event list.