Event ID 32103 — Fax Delivery Receipt Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Fax delivery notification receipts provide users with information about the success or failure of their sent faxes. Depending on what version of Windows you are using, you can enable users to receive delivery receipts through a message box or an e-mail.
Once you have enabled and configured the receipt option in Fax Service Manager, a user sending a fax using Windows Fax and Scan (or using Fax Console in Windows XP) has the option to select that an e-mail will be delivered to confirm whether a sent fax has been delivered. The user must specify a valid e-mail address to which the receipt will be sent. Incoming faxes can also be routed to e-mail. When specifying SMTP settings, you can select that these settings will also be used for incoming routing by selecting the Use these SMTP settings for the Route Through E-Mail incoming routing method check box.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Fax service cannot send a message box delivery receipt because the Messenger service is disabled. To enable this type of receipt, change the startup type of the Messenger service to Automatic.|
Enable the Messenger service
Enable the Messenger service to allow message box delivery receipts for faxes to be delivered.
To enable the Messenger service:
- To open Services, click Start, click Run, and type Services.msc.
- In the Startup Type column, confirm that the value for Messenger service is Automatic.
To confirm that fax delivery receipts will be received by users, you should check the configuration for delivery receipts (including e-mail address from which receipts will be sent to fax senders and the address, port number, and authentication for the SMTP server) and confirm that the local messenger service is enabled.
To check the configuration for delivery receipts:
- To open Fax Service Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Fax Service Manager.
- In the left pane, right-click Fax, and then click Properties.
- To confirm that incoming faxes are being routed to recipients by e-mail, click the Receipts tab and then do the following:
- Confirm that the Use these SMTP settings for the Route Through E-mail incoming routing method check box is selected.
- In From e-mail address, verify the e-mail address to which all incoming faxes will be received.
- In Server address, verify the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address of the mail server to which incoming faxes will be received.
- In Port, verify the port number.
- Also on the Receipts tab, click Authentication, and then, based on how your SMTP server is set up, verify that you are using the right authentication method.