Event ID 1003 — Language Pack Installation and Removal
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Multilingual User Interface (MUI) language packs and Language Interface Packs (LIPs) are installed and removed on your computer using the Language Pack Setup tool (Lpksetup.exe). You can run this program using the Language Pack Setup Wizard or in unattended silent mode.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||CBS error %1 reported while operating on UI Language Pack for %2|
Check the CBS logs
There are many possible Component-Based Servicing (CBS) problems that could have caused this error. The two most common reasons are:
- Insufficient disk space. To fix this problem, free up some disk space and try the operation again.
- Insufficient memory. To fix this problem, close any applications that you are currently running, and try the operation again.
If you try both of these resolutions and you still receive this error, then another CBS error is causing the problem. To diagnose the problem, you will need to examine the CBS log located at %systemroot%\logs\cbs\cbs.log for errors that occurred at the same time that you received this error. To locate Lpksetup events, search the CBS log for LanguagePack. To do this and direct the results to a text file, use the following procedure.
To search the CBS log for Lpksetup errors:
- Click the Start button, and type cmd in the Start Search box.
- Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER: findstr /c:"LanguagePack" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log > c:\lpksetup.txt
For more information about diagnosing the CBS log, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=86083.
To verify that the language pack was successfully installed or removed:
- In Control Panel, click Change display language (located under the Clock, Language, and Region section).
- Verify the language is listed (or not listed) in the drop-down list.
Note: The drop-down list will only be visible if you have already installed a language pack or if your operating system supports Multilingual User Interface (MUI). MUI language packs can only be installed on Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise.