Event ID 4006 — Unused Language Pack File Deletion
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Unused language pack files are automatically deleted from your computer. LPRemove is the program that automatically runs in silent mode during the boot process to perform this task.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Maximum run attempt limit for overall amount of machine boots reached. Lpremove won't run again. This is error situation meaning all prior runs have failed|
Wait until Lpremove runs again or manually schedule it to run
If Lpremove fails several times in a row, it will not run during the boot process as scheduled. Instead, it will attempt to run after 1 month has passed. If you want Lpremove to run before this, then you must manually enable it using Task Scheduler.
To manually enable Lpremove to run:
- Open Task Scheduler. (Click the Start button, type task scheduler in the Start Search box, and press ENTER)
- In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and then click MUI.
- Verify that the status of Lpremove is Ready.
- If the status is Ready, then restart your computer and Lpremove will run again.
- If the status is not Ready, then you will need to enable it. To do this, right-click Lpremove and click Enable. Then restart your computer and Lpremove will run again.
To verify that Lpremove has run successfully:
- Click the Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and press ENTER.
- If you receive a message from User Account Control, click Continue.
- Check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\UILanguages key. If the language that Lpremove should have removed is not listed, then Lpremove has run successfully and deleted the unused language pack files.