Event ID 2193 — Message Queuing Operation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Message Queuing operation provides message authentication, message encryption, dead-letter queues, security settings, and other basic features. If Message Queuing has problems with any of these features, proper Message Queuing operation may suffer.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Message Queuing could not establish SSL connection with the recipient computer because the computer name specified in the HTTP queue format name does not match the name of the recipient server certificate. This event is logged at most once per %1 seconds. To change this setting, set \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters\Event2193 registry value to desired time in seconds.|
Confirm the computer name in the server certificate
Although the certificate chain from the server was verified, the computer name that is specified in the queue format is different from the name of the recipient in the server certificate. Make sure that the computer name in the server certificate is correct.
For more information about server certificates, see “Server certificates” in HTTPS Authentication (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=104331).
To confirm the computer name in the server certificate:
- Open the MMC Certificates snap-in. For information about installing and using MMC Certificates, see How to: View Certificates with the MMC Snap-in (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=94369).
- In the Console Root window, double-click Certificates (Local Computer), double-click Personal, and then double-click Certificates to view the certificate stores for the computer.
- Double-click the server certificate.
- On the Details tab of the server certificate, click Issuer and make sure that the Common Name (CN) matches the computer name in the Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS) direct format name that is used to send the message.
Verify that the MSMQ Service is installed and running.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the MSMQ Service is installed and running:
- Open the Services snap-in. To open Services, click Start. In the search box, type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the Message Queuing service, and confirm that the value in the Status column is Started.