Event ID 20063 — RRAS PPP Initialization
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
During connection initializaiton, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) uses Link Control Protocol (LCP) to negotiate link parameters, such as the maximum PPP frame size, the use of Multilink, and the use of a specific PPP authentication protocol.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Remote Access Connection Manager service failed to start because the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) failed to initialize. %1|
Check the availability of rasppp.dll
Confirm that rasppp.dll exists at %systemRoot%\system32. If the dynamic-link library (DLL) does not exist at this location, you might need to repair or reinstall the Windows operating system.
To verify that the remote access server can accept connections, establish a remote access connection from a client computer.
To create a VPN connection:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the Connect to a Workplace wizard.
To connect to a remote access server:
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections.
- Double-click the VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the connection was established successfully.