Event ID 2005 — LPR Service Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Line Printer Remote (LPR) service enables the computer to print to a printer or print server that uses the Line Print Daemon (LPD) service, which is commonly used by UNIX servers.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Line Printer Remote (LPR) print monitor failed to open a temporary file while spooling output for port %1. This can occur if the system is low on disk space, if the spool folder is write-protected, or if the LPR service does not have write permissions to the spool folder.|
Check the spool folder
To resolve this issue, perform the following tasks:
- Make sure that the spool folder is available and has enough available disk space.
- Confirm that the spool folder has the necessary permissions:
- System - Full Control
- Administratiors - Full Control
- Users - Read & execute; List folder contents; Read
- TrustedInstaller - List folder contents
- If the spool folder is encrypted, make sure that the Print Spooler service has the proper key to access the folder.
To verify that you resolved the problem, print the document again to a shared printer that uses the Line Printer Daemon (LPD) service. This tests printing using the Line Printer Remote (LPR) service on the client computer.