Event ID 50 — Print Migration Import or Export Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Print migration import or export status relates to importing and exporting print queues, printer settings, printer ports, and language monitors by using the Printer Migration Wizard or the Printbrm.exe command-line tool.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Printbrm.exe (the Printer Migration Wizard or the command-line tool) could not find the printer driver migration plug-in DLL %1 for print processor %2. Printbrm.exe will skip this file and attempt to migrate the driver, but the printer might not work. This can occur due to a problem with the migration plug-in provided by the printer driver. Try to print to the affected printer and install a newer version of the driver, if necessary.|
Test printing and then reinstall drivers or retry migration
Windows experienced a problem using a printer driver migration plug-in. To resolve this issue, use the following procedure:
- Confirm that the printers are listed correctly in the Printers folder in Control Panel on the destination server.
- Print a document or test page on the appropriate printers.
- If either of these actions failed, reinstall the printer or reinstall the latest version of the plug-in from the device manufacturer, and then retry importing or exporting the printers.
To verify that print migration is functioning properly, perform the following actions:
- Try printing to each affected printer. All documents should print properly.
- If the printers were not imported or exported successfully, retry importing or exporting the printers and then verify that the Printer Migration Wizard reports the following outcome: "The operation completed with no errors."
For more information about exporting and importing print queues and other settings, see the "Migrate print servers" topic in Print Management Help, or see the following Microsoft Web site: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=104870.