Event ID 1041 — Printer Connections Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Printer Connections relates to printer connections deployed to users or computers using Group Policy.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Group Policy was unable to update per computer printer connection %1. Error code %2. This can occur if the name of the printer connection is incorrect, if there is a Group Policy problem, or if the print spooler cannot contact the print server. Group Policy will periodically retry updating the printer connection.|
Check network connectivity and Group Policy
Group Policy will periodically retry pushing the printer connection. If this fails, possible resolutions include:
- Verify that the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) name of the printer connection is correct and available from the affected computer or user.
- Use Group Policy Results to verify that the appropriate Group Policy object (GPO) is applied to the affected computer or user.
Perform the following tasks to verify that you resolved the problem:
- Confirm that the appropriate print queues are present on the computer and that the printer settings are correct.
- If Windows was attempting to remove a print queue from the computer, confirm that the queue was deleted or in the process of being deleted. Some print queues cannot be completely deleted until the print spooler or computer is restarted.
- Print the document again. If the print server logs spooler information events, look for Print Spooler Event 10 after printing, and then examine the document to confirm that it printed correctly.