Event ID 201 — AD RMS Cluster Installation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Installing the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) server role is done by using Server Manager. An AD RMS cluster can be a single-server AD RMS installation or several AD RMS servers installed in a load-balancing environment to handle requests from AD RMS-enabled clients.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Source:||Active Directory Rights Management Services|
|Message:||The Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) installation wizard could not locate the AD RMS virtual roots.|
Install AD RMS
There are several conditions that will prevent a successful upgrade to AD RMS from a previous version of Rights Management Services (RMS). These conditions include:
- The RMS logging service does not exist.
- The AD RMS upgrade wizard cannot locate or modify the RMS web.config file.
- The AD RMS upgrade wizard cannot locate the RMS virtual directories.
- RMS is installed on the computer but not provisioned.
Because the AD RMS upgrade did not work properly, you will need to install AD RMS again.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To install the AD RMS role by using Server Manager:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the Roles Summary section, click Add Roles, and then click Next.
- Select the Active Directory Rights Management Services check box, and then click Next.
- Complete the appropriate information in the AD RMS role wizard setup.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local AD RMS Enterprise Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the AD RMS cluster installation is working properly:
- Log on to a server in the AD RMS cluster.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services.
- Verify that the AD RMS cluster was added successfully by expanding the AD RMS cluster name.