Event ID 4619 — COM+ Event System Registry
Updated: February 22, 2008
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The COM+ Event System service provides automatic event distribution to Component Object Model (COM) components that subscribe to it. The functionality of the COM+ Event System service depends on consistency between the registry and the COM+ registration database. Each component attribute is stored in either the Windows registry or the COM+ Registration Database. New COM components are registered exclusively in the COM+ Registration Database, although there is some duplication in the Windows registry so that existing tools can use them.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The COM+ Event System could not store the per-user subscription %2 because the registry key HKEY_USERS\%3 could not be opened. The HRESULT was %1.%0|
Report the internal error to Microsoft
An internal error occurred. There is not enough information in the event message to provide a recommendation for resolution of the problem.
Please note the details in the event message, and then report the internal error to Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). For information about how to contact CSS, see Enterprise Support (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52267).
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find Com+ Event System.
- Confirm that the status of the service is Started.