Event ID 4811 — COM+ Registry
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The COM+ registry stores COM+ application attributes, class attributes, and computer-level attributes. It guarantees consistency among these attributes and provides common operations on top of these attributes.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||An unexpected error was returned by the Message Queuing API indicated. Unable to retrieve the associated error message text. Message Queuing API return values are defined in Platform SDK file MQ.H.%1%0|
Report the internal error to Microsoft
The root cause of the error condition is a problem that was detected in the Message Queuing application programming interface (API). There is not enough information in the event message to provide a recommendation for resolution of the problem.
Note the details in the event message, and then contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). For information about how to contact CSS, see Enterprise Support (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52267).
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, you can verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find the following services: COM+ Event System (optional), COM+ System Application, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Confirm that the status of each service is Started.