Event ID 4359 — COM+ Event System Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The event system configuration specifies the properties that control the automatic event distribution to Component Object Model (COM) components that subscribe to the COM+ Event System service.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The type library "%2" specified in EventClass %3 ("%4") could not be loaded, or is not correct for this EventClass. The HRESULT was: %1.%0|
Report the event class error to the application developer
An error condition may have resulted from an improperly installed event class or an event class that was removed. If you made a change to the registry, revert the change.
If no changes were made to the registry, report the event message to the application developer for debugging and fixing the application. When you report the error to the application developer, include this text and the entire error message.
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find Com+ Event system.
- Confirm that the status of the service is Started.