Event ID 4771 — COM+ General Functionality
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||COM+ Queued Components failed to obtain necessary information from the catalog.%1%0|
Report the internal error to Microsoft
If this problem persists and continues to be an issue, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS). For information about how to contact CSS, see Enterprise Support (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52267).
You can verify that your COM+ application is installed and working properly by using the Component Services administrative tool.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that your application is installed:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
In addition, you can verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find the following services: COM+ Event System (optional), COM+ System Application, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Confirm that the status of each service is Started.