Event ID 1021 — DHCP Database Integrity
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
Database integrity refers to the ability of the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) database to function properly, maintaining an uncorrupted state.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The DHCP service could not load the JET database library successfully.|
Repair database and restore from a known good backup
If the DHCP server database becomes corrupted or is lost, recovery is possible by replacing the server database file (Dhcp.mdb), located in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Dhcp folder, with a backup copy of the same file.
If DHCP Manager was used previously to perform a backup, you can obtain the backup copy of the server database file located in the %SystemRoot%\System32\Dhcp\Backup folder. You can also restore the Dhcp.mdb file from a tape backup or other backup media.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To restore a backup copy of the DHCP database:
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- Type net stop dhcpserver, and then press ENTER.
- Type md c:\olddhcp, and then press ENTER.
- Type move %SystemRoot%\system32\DHCP\*.* c:\olddhcp, and then press ENTER.
- Type del %SystemRoot%\system32\DHCP\Dhcp.md, and then press ENTER.
- Type copy%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcp\backup\jet\new\dhcp.mdb%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb, and then press ENTER.
- Type net start dhcpserver, and then press ENTER.
Confirm that the server starts successfully and without errors.