Event ID 1007 — Dependent Service Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Server service is dependent on these services:
- Service Controller
- Global parameters initialization
- Registry parameters initialization
- RPC server start
- Winsock data initialization
The failure of any of these services to initialize or start can cause the DHCP Server service to fail.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The DHCP Server service failed to initialize Winsock data. The following error occurred:
Disable the Winsock Proxy client on the DHCP server
Manually disable the Winsock Proxy client on the DHCP server by using the WSP Client tool in Control Panel.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To disable the Winsock Proxy client:.
- At the DHCP server computer, click Start, point to Programs, click Control Panel, and then double-click WSP Client.
- Click to clear the Enable WinSock Proxy Client check box, and then click OK.
- To restart the computer, click Restart Windows Now.
Note: The next time you connect to the network and want to use the proxy server, you must re-enable the WinSock Proxy client.
To verify that the DHCP Server service is running:
- At the DHCP server computer, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type sc queryex dhcpserver.
- If all dependent services have started successfully, the DHCP Server service should be shown as RUNNING.