Event ID 32050 — Fax Service Provider Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Modem Device Provider is the default Fax Service Provider (FSP). This provider sends and receives using fax modems that meet the universal modem (Unimodem) driver standard. Non-Microsoft Fax Service Providers can integrate additional services into the Fax service. Each provider manages its own set of devices and configuration settings.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Fax Service failed to load the Fax Service Provider '%1'.%r%r Fax Service Provider Path: '%2'%r%r Win32 Error Code: %3%r%r Verify that the module is located in the specified path. If it is not, reinstall the Fax Service Provider and restart the Fax Service. If this does not solve the problem, contact the Fax Service Provider vendor.|
Restart the Fax service
Restart the Fax service for the Fax Service Provider to initialize properly.
You can stop and start the Fax service using Services in Server Manager or Computer Management, the Fax Server role page in Server Manager, or Fax Service Manager.
To configure fax components, you must be a member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To restart the Fax service using Fax Service Manager:
- To open Fax Service Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Fax Service Manager.
- In the left pane, right-click Fax, and then click Stop to stop the service.
- In the left pane, right-click Fax, and then click Start to restart the service.
- To ensure that the service is running, right-click Fax again and confirm that Start is grayed out and that Stop is active on the menu.
To confirm that the Fax Service Provider (FSP) is available to work with your fax device so that your users can send and receive faxes, you should check the configuration of the Fax Service Provider using Fax Service Manager.
To install or configure fax components, you must be a member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that a Fax Service Provider has been configured:
- To open Fax Service Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Fax Service Manager
- In the left pane, double-click Fax, double-click Devices and Providers, and then click Providers.
- All configured Fax Service Providers are listed in Providers.
- Confirm that the Fax Service Provider name, version number, and path of the DLL that corresponds to the provider are correct.
- Confirm any other items that are unique for the Fax Service Provider that you are using.