Event ID 187 — AD RMS Cluster Installation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Installing the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) server role is done by using Server Manager. An AD RMS cluster can be a single-server AD RMS installation or several AD RMS servers installed in a load-balancing environment to handle requests from AD RMS-enabled clients.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Source:||Active Directory Rights Management Services|
|Message:||The cluster that this computer is joining uses a different cryptographic provider (CSP) than the one specified. Install Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) on this computer and specify the same CSP as the one used by the cluster it is joining.|
Check AD RMS cluster crytographic service provider information
The cryptographic service provider (CSP) on the computer on which you are installing AD RMS does not match the CSP being used by the AD RMS cluster. The CSP is determined when the first server is installed in the AD RMS cluster. In order for any additional servers to join this cluster, the CSP of the server must match the CSP of the AD RMS cluster. This is specified during the installation of AD RMS. Ensure that the CSPs match and then install AD RMS again.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To install the AD RMS role by using Server Manager:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the Roles Summary section, click Add Roles, and then click Next.
- Select the Active Directory Rights Management Services check box, and then click Next.
- Complete the appropriate information in the AD RMS role wizard setup.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local AD RMS Enterprise Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the AD RMS cluster installation is working properly:
- Log on to a server in the AD RMS cluster.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services.
- Verify that the AD RMS cluster was added successfully by expanding the AD RMS cluster name.