Event ID 106 — AD RMS Cluster Installation
Updated: December 3, 2008
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Installing the Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) server role is done by using Server Manager. An AD RMS cluster can be a single-server AD RMS installation or several AD RMS servers installed in a load-balancing environment to handle requests from AD RMS-enabled clients.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Source:||Active Directory Rights Management Services|
|Message:||The Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) provisioning process failed to install the required performance counters or could not find the required resources. The provisioning process cannot continue.
Install the AD RMS server role
The AD RMS installation adds performance counters to the AD RMS server so that you can monitor the performance of servers in your AD RMS cluster. If the performance counters cannot be added during AD RMS installation, the installation does not complete and AD RMS must be installed again. Performance counter installation requires that the installing user account be a member of the local Administrators group.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To install the AD RMS role by using Server Manager:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the Roles Summary section, click Add Roles, and then click Next.
- Select the Active Directory Rights Management Services check box, and then click Next.
- Complete the appropriate information in the AD RMS role wizard setup.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local AD RMS Enterprise Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the AD RMS cluster installation is working properly:
- Log on to a server in the AD RMS cluster.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services.
- Verify that the AD RMS cluster was added successfully by expanding the AD RMS cluster name.