Event ID 6274 — NPS Accounting Request Message Processing
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Network Policy Server (NPS) receives accounting request messages from configured RADIUS clients. Depending on the accounting configuration of the server running NPS, the accounting request will be logged in either a log file or a SQL Server database.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Network Policy Server discarded the request for a user.
Contact the Network Policy Server administrator for more information.
%tFully Qualified Account Name:%t%4
%tFully Qualified Account Name:%t%7
%tCalled Station Identifier:%t%t%9
%tCalling Station Identifier:%t%t%10
%tNAS IPv4 Address:%t%t%11
%tNAS IPv6 Address:%t%t%12
%tClient Friendly Name:%t%t%16
%tClient IP Address:%t%t%t%17
%tProxy Policy Name:%t%t%18
%tNetwork Policy Name:%t%t%19
%tAccount Session Identifier:%t%t%24
Reconfigure, upgrade, or replace the RADIUS client
This condition occurs when NPS discards accounting requests because the structure of the accounting request message that was sent by a RADIUS client does not comply with the RADIUS protocol.
To reconfigure, upgrade, or replace the RADIUS client:
- Contact your RADIUS client vendor for configuration assistance or firmware updates. Many RADIUS client vendors provide updated firmware that allows the RADIUS client to send Accounting-Request messages that comply with the RADIUS protocol.
- If your RADIUS client vendor cannot provide reconfiguration instructions or firmware that allows the RADIUS client to send RADIUS protocol-compliant messages, you must obtain and install a RADIUS protocol-compliant RADIUS client for use with NPS.
To verify that accounting request messages are being processed by NPS:
- On the server running NPS, use a network traffic diagnostic application to capture UDP network traffic.
- Attempt to connect to the network through the RADIUS client with an access client.
- Examine the capture to verify that NPS received and processed an accounting request message from the network access server.