Event ID 32059 — Fax Service Provider Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Modem Device Provider is the default Fax Service Provider (FSP). This provider sends and receives using fax modems that meet the universal modem (Unimodem) driver standard. Non-Microsoft Fax Service Providers can integrate additional services into the Fax service. Each provider manages its own set of devices and configuration settings.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Fax Service could not initialize Fax Service Provider '%1' because it provided an interface version (%3) that is not supported.%r%r Fax Service Provider Path: '%2'%r%r Contact the Fax Service Provider vendor.|
Contact the Fax Service Provider vendor
The Fax Service Provider (FSP) must be initialized to work correctly. Contact your Fax Service Provider vendor for instructions and more information. If you do not know the name of the Fax Service Provider, you can review the activity log to find the name.
To review the activity log for the Fax Service Provider name:
- To open Windows Explorer, right-click Start, and then click Explore.
- In the left pane, click the disk that contains the operating system.
- On the toolbar, click Organize, click Folder and Search Options, click the View tab, and then click Show Hidden Files and Folders. Close the dialog box.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to %systemdrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\ActivityLog and confirm that the InboxLOG.txt and OutboxLOG.txt files exist.
- Open the .txt files and scan for Fax Service Providers.
Note: For the log files to appear in the ActivityLog folder, you must have configured a device to work with the fax server.
To confirm that the Fax Service Provider (FSP) is available to work with your fax device so that your users can send and receive faxes, you should check the configuration of the Fax Service Provider using Fax Service Manager.
To install or configure fax components, you must be a member of the Administrators group or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that a Fax Service Provider has been configured:
- To open Fax Service Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Fax Service Manager
- In the left pane, double-click Fax, double-click Devices and Providers, and then click Providers.
- All configured Fax Service Providers are listed in Providers.
- Confirm that the Fax Service Provider name, version number, and path of the DLL that corresponds to the provider are correct.
- Confirm any other items that are unique for the Fax Service Provider that you are using.