Event ID 2097 — Message Queuing Operation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Message Queuing operation provides message authentication, message encryption, dead-letter queues, security settings, and other basic features. If Message Queuing has problems with any of these features, proper Message Queuing operation may suffer.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Message Queuing registry values cannot be read (the registry is probably corrupted).|
Delete Message Queuing registry values and reinstall Message Queuing
The MSMQ Service cannot read configuration information from the registry. This may indicate either that the registry is corrupted or that Message Queuing was not installed properly.
Note: The following procedure will erase previous Message Queuing entries that are stored in the registry.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
Delete registry values
To delete registry values:
Caution: Incorrectly editing the registry might severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data.
- Open Registry Editor. To open Registry Editor, click Start. In the search box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ.
- Delete all registry keys beneath the MSMQ key.
Uninstall and reinstall Message Queuing (Windows Vista)
To uninstall Message Queuing and then reinstall it on Windows Vista:
- In the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Clear the Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) server check box, and then click Remove.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- In the Turn Windows features on or off section, select the desired Message Queuing components to install.
Uninstall and reinstall Message Queuing (Windows Server 2008)
To uninstall Message Queuing and then reinstall it on Windows Server 2008:
- Open Server Manager. To open Server Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, then click Server Manager.
- In the console tree, click Features.
- In the details pane, in the Feature Summary section, click Remove Features.
- In the Remove Features Wizard, clear the Message Queue check box, and then click Remove.
- After Message Queuing has been removed, in Server Manager, click Add Features.
- In the Add Features Wizard, select the desired Message Queuing components to install, and then click Install.
Verify that the MSMQ Service is installed and running.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the MSMQ Service is installed and running:
- Open the Services snap-in. To open Services, click Start. In the search box, type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the Message Queuing service, and confirm that the value in the Status column is Started.