Event ID 106 — Windows NT Token-Based Application Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Web Agent for Windows NT token-based application configuration contains information about the AD FS Web Agent Authentication Service, creation of Windows NT tokens, and Windows token-based agent authentication requests.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The AD FS Web Agent Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) Extension encountered a serious error. The AD FS configuration information could not be retrieved from the Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration.
The Web agent will not be able to authenticate users until it can retrieve configuration information from the IIS metabase.
This condition can occur if the IIS metabase schema extension fails during AD FS setup.
Add the AD FS Authentication Service principal account to the IIS_IUSRS group
Add the AD FS Authentication Service principal account as a member of the IIS_IUSRS group. This group is located in Computer Management\System Tools\Local Users and Groups\Groups.
Verify that you can access the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)-enabled application from a client browser and that the resource can be accessed with the appropriate authorization.
If you cannot access the application successfully, verify that the Windows token-based agent is configured with correct URL values and that all configuration parameters contain valid values.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the Windows token-based agent is configured with correct values:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the console tree, click YourComputerName**(local computer)**.
- In the console tree, double-click Sites, and then click YourWebSiteName.
- In the center pane, double-click Authentication, highlight AD FS Windows Token-Based Agent, and then in the Actions pane click Edit.
- In the AD FS Windows Token-Based Agent dialog box, confirm that the Enable AD FS Web Agent check box is selected.
- Make sure that the following values are valid, and then click OK.
- Cookie path
- Cookie domain
- Return URL