Event ID 4620 — COM+ Event System Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The event system configuration specifies the properties that control the automatic event distribution to Component Object Model (COM) components that subscribe to the COM+ Event System service.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The COM+ Event System detected an error trying to query %1 object because the criteria string "%2" contained an error. The approximate location of the error is at character index %3; the criteria sub-text at this location is: "%4".%0|
Report the criteria string error to the application developer
An error condition may have resulted from an invalid criteria string that the application used to query an object or apply a filter. You can use the event message to determine where the error occurred.
The application developer commonly creates the criteria string as part of the application. Report the event message to the application developer for debugging and fixing the application.
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform these procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find Com+ Event system.
- Confirm that the status of the service is Started.