Event ID 10010 — COM General Functionality
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
COM+ applications use Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) technology in Microsoft Windows operating systems to communicate and take advantage of Windows services. COM technologies include COM+, DCOM, and ActiveX Controls.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The server %1 did not register with DCOM within the required time-out period.|
Report the error to the application developer
An error condition may have resulted from a problem in the application's code. Report the event message to the application developer so that the developer can debug and fix the application.
You can verify that your security policy for this server is configured properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required security properties are set.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the required security properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your computer, click Component Services, click Computers, and then click My Computer.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the COM Security tab, and confirm that the Access Permissions and Launch and Activition Permissions properties are set properly.