Event ID 628 — Trust Policy and Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) trust policy file defines the set of parameters that a Federation Service requires to identify partners, certificates, account stores, claims, and the various properties of these entities that are associated with the Federation Service.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The Federation Service encountered an error while loading the trust policy. The trust policy defines a claim whose format is not valid.
Claim type: %1
Claim value: %2
If this error occurs during startup of the Federation Service, the Federation Service will be not be able to start, and all requests to the Federation Service will fail until the configuration is corrected. If this error occurs while the Federation Service is running, the Federation Service will continue to use the last trust policy that was loaded successfully.
This error should occur only if the trust policy file has been modified without use of the AD FS administrative tools. Correct the claim so that it has the proper format.
Correct the claim value with the proper format
This claim error occurs only if the trust policy (trustpolicy.xml) file has been modified without the use of the Active Directory Federation Services snap-in.
Correct the value in the claim name so that it is in the proper format. Do not use special characters as part of the claim name.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To check the claim name values in the trustpolicy.xml file:
- On a federation server, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Federation Services.
- In the console tree, right-click Federation Service, click Properties, record the trust policy location value that is specified in Trust policy file, and then click OK.
- If the trustpolicy.xml file is located on a server other than the federation server, log on to that server as an administrator (in case you need to make changes), and then open Windows Explorer.
- Locate the folder where the trustpolicy.xml file is stored, and then open the trustpolicy.xml file using Notepad.
- Make sure that the claim name values specified under the **CorporateClaims/GroupClaims/GroupClaim **tags and under the CorporateClaims/CustomClaims/CustomClaim tags are set to the appropriate value.
Verify that you can access the Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)-enabled application from a client browser and that the resource can be accessed.