Event ID 10136 — Listener Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Listener is a component of the WinRM service that indicates to the service which IP addresses and ports to listen on for WS-Management related requests. Users can create one or more listeners.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The WinRM service encountered a catastrophic security failure. The service can no longer run under its security context.
Stop and restart the WinRM service.
The error code is %1.
Restart the WinRM service
To restart the WinRM service by using the Services MMC snap-in:
- Click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Maintenance.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Click Services to start the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
- Search for Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) in the list of service names displayed by the Services MMC snap-in.
- Right-click the Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) service name and select Restart to restart the service.
Note: If the WinRM service is not started, the Restart option will not appear in the context menu displayed in Step 7. In this case, select Start.
To restart the WinRM service by using a command-line tool:
- Type net stop winrm.
- Type net start winrm.
Use the winrm command line tool to create a request to the WinRM service to verify that the service is listening on the network.
To make a request, type winrm get winrm/config -r:<computer>, where computer is the name of the remote computer where the winrm service is running.