Event ID 330 — Task Monitoring and Control
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The history of a task is tracked by events. These events can be viewed in Task Scheduler for each task to track when the task was registered, run, and when it completed or failed. The progress of a task can be monitored through its history. A task can be controlled by running or stopping the task manually (on-demand).
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Task Scheduler stopped the "%2" instance of task "%1" as request by user "%3" .|
Confirm that user action was intended
The user stopped a running task, which prevented it from completing successfully. Confirm that this action was intended.
To verify that the execution of a task has completed as expected:
1. Click the Start button and type Task Scheduler **in the **Start Search box.
2. Select the Task Scheduler program to start Task Scheduler.
- Select the task to run by locating the task in the task folder hierarchy.
4. On the Actions menu click Run. You can also click Run in the Actions pane.
- Click the History tab for the task to verify that it contains events indicating the task was registered successfully. Also, ensure that the task completed successfully or that the task timed out as expected.